Cheesecake (Low carb, small portion)
For crust, mix:
3 TBS almond meal (or very finely chopped dry-roasted unsalted almonds)
1/2 TBS melted butter
1/2 TBS Splenda
Press loosely in bottom (not sides) of small (12cm) springform cheesecake pan. Bake at 400F for 20 minutes, let cool.
For batter, mix:
1 8oz package cream cheese, softened
1/4 c Splenda
Add and mix until smooth:
1/4 c sour cream
(2 tsp wheat gluten, optional)
2 egg whites (left over from this recipe)
1 tsp vanilla extract
Pour batter over crust.
Bake at 200F for 30min, or until set to desired firmness. Let cool to room temperature and then chill. Serves 4 small portions.
- Fresh grated lemon zest or fresh lemon juice may be added to batter for a change.
- Unsweetened berries may be added for a variation.
- If top of cheesecake cracks, try baking next time at lower heat and varying length of bake time.
- Beware of low-fat cream cheese, which tends to add carbs.
- Check ingredients of sour cream. Some brands use a large number of additives. Ideally, the single ingredient should be “cultured cream”.
- Mix at low speed. We don’t want to add air bubbles, which will slowly rise and make top less smooth.